My allergist visit



I'm so very exited for my new website.  you can find it at.

http://draija.skincaretherapy.net/
In order to give you continued information about the latest treatments I have used this as a tool to share some really heart wrenching stuff.  My moments of struggle, my ups and downs.  My highs and lows.  I'm really thankful for the chance to share my story.

I work as an independent contractor at  HCA Skin Care Center.   I work with a team that is functional and rocking.  I commit a lot of hours and time to this facility and I'm so happy to have a clientele.  With this as my venue to expand my knowledge and services.


In 2013  I had my ups and down with Eczema.  My moisturizer of choice was coconut oil.  I got into making my own concoctions of creams with Aloe Butter and Neem leaf infusions.   Lets just say by 2014 they were not doing the trick anymore.


In 2014 I came to the understanding of eczema, it just needs to run it's little course.    Lets just say I came into a peace with my skin.  Tried not to let it get the best of me.  However, I'm not going to let it get too carried away.   But for a week or too, it needs to be dry and flaking.  It needs to have it's moments of blistering.  If it's draining, drain it some more.  But then, let it dry out completely.    That changes to cycle from beginning all over again.   If it's wet, dry it out, if it's dry, again.. let it dry out.    The skin is brick and mortar. The lipid barrier of the skin will recondition and heal itself.   Sure it needs some basic, gentle moisturizer.   - Good nutrition can help it too.  I went to an Allergist in February of this year and my skin was horrible.  I was experiencing what was similar in the photos I posted.  Skin that wasn't healing.  He gave me  a full panel allergy test.

DOGS
CATS
HORSES
DUST MITES
SPIDERS
In ragweed season I have the WORST Allergies.  
He told me it wasn't that bad, but I felt my entire body crawling.  It was horrible.

  I went home from his office and washed all of my blankets.  Here is is dead of winter in Michigan.  We are cuddling under blankets and warming our wet feet constantly.   So within the first week or two- I decided to keep the blankets washed/clean and in a Tupperware container when we weren't using them with guests.  So the spare bed only has one sheet on it.  To wash in HOT WATER.   It turns out to be  a lot of work when we have to put the bed together.  All the clean sheets in the cupboard  were put into zip lock bags to keep any dust mites from re-settling.  I got crazy clean!   The blankets from the sofa are washed every other week.

I boxed up all kinds of my books that were in the house,  They went into clear Tupperware containers so if I need to find them I can see them.

Let's just say this-   I'm happier I found out what I'm allergic too.   We can't have a Dog or a Cat. which I'm sad about, but then again.   I also have sought out treatments for Dogs and Cats- which has helped a little.  This year- 2016 allergies have been very bad in particular.


Comments

Popular Posts